QSC Audio Products - Passionate About SoundQSC Audio Home Page  

Bose L1 - KSub or KW181

Technical assistance and general Q&A about QSC's loudspeaker products. These include AcousticDesign and ISIS non-powered loudspeaker systems, as well as the HPR, K, and KW Series powered loudspeakers.

Moderators: Kirk Fyvie, Cameron Shoffner, Bob Lee, Martin Barbour, Christian Cook, Fred Thomke, Sam Hynds

rajwadhwa15

Bose L1 - KSub or KW181

Postby rajwadhwa15 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:02 pm

Need some guidance. I have been using either 1 or 2 Bose L1 Model II systems with dual bass for my Dj gigs. For weddings, we do fine, but miss the punch required for large dance parties.

Need advise which Sub to pair with our system. Intend just to get one sub, either the KSub or the KW181. Don't play lot of hip hop but more like Bollywood, Bhangra, South Asian and US Top 40 tracks.

If anyone has any suggestions, please share...

Thanks,

Raj

Bob Lee
QSC Audio Products

Re: Bose L1 - KSub or KW181

Postby Bob Lee on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:31 am

Hi Raj,

Does the Bose system have a controller or processor with a high-pass filter? If so, and the high-pass filter is or can be set to 100 Hz, then it's possible that the system will work well with either the KSub or KW181.
Bob Lee
Applications Engineer
QSC Audio Products, LLC
Past Secretary, Audio Engineering Society
"If it sounds good, it is good." —Duke Ellington

rajwadhwa15

Postby rajwadhwa15 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:30 am

Thanks Bob. I do believe they have High pass filters. Will check if I can set them at a certain frequency.

Between the Ksub & KW181, which one would be a better fit. I am told KSub provides a punchier bass v/s a deep bass with KW181's. I am a relative newbie, so need advise on which one to pair. Do we have any members on this board that use the L1's with KSUb or KW181. I did a search and saw folks using either of them. Just wanting to make a right and sound investment in my Subs...

Thanks,

Raj

Bob Lee
QSC Audio Products

Postby Bob Lee on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:14 pm

The KSub is more portable, if that's important to you.
Bob Lee
Applications Engineer
QSC Audio Products, LLC
Past Secretary, Audio Engineering Society
"If it sounds good, it is good." —Duke Ellington

GospelBass

Postby GospelBass on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:14 pm

IMO, the phrase, "large dance parties", caught my attention. I have a pair of HPR 181i's, which precede the KW181's and would recommend them over the K-sub's any day. I"ve heard a K-sub in action in a building for about 300 people and it was working really hard, whereas the 181 could handle it with no problem.

Return to Loudspeakers